Student Assistance Fund
The Student Assistance Fund for 2020-2021 will open in October 2020.
All schemes will open in October 2020. Due to Covid 19 restrictions, the application process will be on-line for 2020-2021 applications. There are no paper forms for 2020-2021.
Please note that all applicants must be registered with TU Dublin for 2020/2021.
Online application forms will be available on this website after October 6th 2020.
We are currently working remotely. There are no paper application forms available in TU Dublin Park House as all applications will be on line this year.
For emergency funding before October 6th, please email financial.aid.city@TUDublin.ie or telephone 353 1 220 5406.
Student Assistance Fund is now available to some Part-time Students
TU Dublin recognises that some students may face financial difficulties during their time at college and a number of assistance schemes are in place to support such students. These schemes are co-funded by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020 .
These funds cannot be used for the purposes of registration or tuition fees. The funding is available to full time registered TU Dublin City Centre students and certain part-time registered students*. This scheme is designed to help those in severe financial difficulties due to unforeseen circumstances or students who are disadvantaged and require additional financial support to continue their third-level studies.
* Part-time students, who meet the National Access Plan criteria may apply for most schemes currently available to full time students. All applications are subject to the TU Dublin City Centre Student Assistance criteria. Part-time students must be registered on a major award programme from Levels 6 to 9 on the NFQ. Students registered on part-time professional development programmes are not eligible to apply.
- There are several assistance schemes under the Student Assistance Fund listed below;
- Terms & conditions and opening and closing dates vary according to the scheme;
- Students who are not entitled to a SUSI grant may apply for The Student Assistance Fund subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme;
- Students who are registered as International Students are not eligible for to apply for HEA Student Assistance schemes;
- Students are entitled to appeal an application decision, the SAF Appeal form is available here SAF Appeals Policy 2016
We are currently working remotely; please do not send forms to the FAA office. Email Financial.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call 01 2205600 ; 01 220 5406; 01 220 6067 or email email@example.com if you require any urgent financial assistance or assistance when completing your online application form. Your local TU Dublin Student Union representatives on campus and the staff at the Student Services office (Aungier St and Bolton St) will also be able to assist you.